In light of the uncertainty we’re facing in our daily lives with the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we wanted to keep you informed of the steps we are taking at Upside Realty to ensure we are prepared for every possible outcome.
While we find ourselves in unchartered territory with the current coronavirus front of mind, we would like to reassure our clients that Upside is well prepared to encounter the changes facing our industry. We believe that people will continue to look for their next dream home, or seek an investment opportunity in uncertain times - and as such, we will continue to be here to provide industry leading service for our vendors and buyers.
The health and safety of our clients is of utmost importance to us, and we’ve been closely monitoring the situation and reviewing our approach to help support you in taking advantage of the current market conditions for property in your area, whilst still ensuring we provide the right environment that meets the criteria of a safe place as defined by health authorities.
Our procedure during this time:
- Our local agents already work from home, and only travel to home appraisal appointments, or to meet with their clients, and manage open homes and auctions. We are now providing the option for our buyers and sellers to communicate with their Upside agents over video conferencing for any of their real estate needs.
- We have a digitally approved signing platform which means paperless documents that do not need in-person meetings to sign.
- All our open for inspections will now be by private appointment only, with no multiple-buyers attending. Where possible, latex gloves will be provided for all attendees and agent.
- We will observe and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
- We are asking our clients who are feeling sick, or have travelled overseas to not attend our open homes for 14 days and instead contact their agent over the phone with any inquiries they may have.
- When attending homes for appraisals, as well as managing open for inspections, we will be asking clients if they have been overseas in the last two weeks.
- New hygienic practices at open homes include eliminating physical contact such as handshakes in favour of an elbow bump, working with vendors to organise more private open home inspections for interested buyers, dispensing disposable latex-gloves to every agent and open home attendee and practicing safe distancing at our auctions.
- We are also working with UberRE to bring virtual open houses to vendors. Unlike other virtual walk-through products in the market, offerings are more secure for the vendor and aids in allowing our agents to generate offers as buyers need to sign into the virtual open home in the way that they would have to for a physical one.
We will continue to be relentlessly focussed on doing everything we can to put the health and safety of our clients first, and continue to provide you with great service and excellent results in the tricky times ahead.