In great news for buyers, sellers and everyone involved in real estate in NSW, agents will now be able to hold (kind of) traditional property inspections and on-site auctions from this weekend. This change follows a six-week limited shutdown due to COVID-19 and is likely to give a boost to activity in the market.
At Upside, we were able to adapt quickly with increased hygiene measures and digital options (which are still available) but are welcoming this change with open arms. As outlined by NSW treasurer Dominic Perrottet:
Choosing a home is one of the biggest decisions anybody makes, and easing the restrictions to ensure people can more easily inspect, buy or rent a property is an important step for NSW”.
This change will not only make the buying and selling process easier, it will also provide confidence to buyers as they are officially encouraged to be active in the property market again. With Realestate.com.au releasing figures that searches for properties are 37% higher than the same time last year, it is clear that there are buyers that are in the process of planning their next move.
When announcing the change, the state government have included key health guidelines which Upside will be following which include:
- Ensure physical distancing of greater than 1.5m is maintained
- Promote good hygiene on premises and at auctions including hand sanitiser
- Use digital platforms where possible to discourage physical contact
- Keep detailed contact records of people attending open homes and auctions
- Ensure people with any symptoms of illness do not attend a property
- Manage the number of people entering small spaces
- Consider extended times for open house viewings and inspections
- Use outdoor venues for auctions wherever possible
- If auctions are held indoors, use large venues where physical distancing between household groups of one person per four square metres is possible.
Upside Hygeine Friendly OFIs
Upside is commited to creating a safe nad hygienic environment at OFIs, and reducing the risk of Coronavirus.
If attending one of our open homes, please follow the below guidelines out of respect to the vendor and your fellow attendees:
If these guidelines preclude you from entering the property but you are still interested, please call the agent and they will inform you of how to proceed.