In the wake of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and new limits on real estate activities such as open for inspections and auctions, Upside Realty has implemented strict new procedures to ensure that we can continue to provide industry-leading service to our buyers and vendors during this crisis.
Read more about:
- Our response and procedures during COVID-19
- Selling your home during COVID-19
- In the media
- Tips to help those who are now working from home
Our process will now be as follows:
Upside Zero Contact Policy
- No multiple buyers attending open for inspections
- Where possible latex gloves will be provided for all private inspection attendees including the agent
- Social distancing guidelines must be adhered to, including no handshakes
- Finance approved buyers only at this time
- All contracts issued are paperless
- All auctions will now be conducted via online platforms. We have partnered with the best auctioneers nationwide who are able to provide this service.
Our response to COVID-19As social distancing becomes the new normal, we’re proud to say that at Upside, we’ve focused on creating a digital world of operations for our remote agent workforce since day one. We have alternative measures in place to continue to help our vendors get their properties sold, and give our buyers the confidence to continue to purchase during this crisis, with many of the new changes having little impact on our day-to-day operations.
You can read more here about our response and procedures in the time of COVID-19 in detail here.
Selling during COVID-19
The health and safety of our agents and our clients is of utmost importance to us. This is a constantly evolving event, as such we will keep revising our processes and add in new provisions and procedures. As a company we have always been agile and worked to change around the needs of buyers and sellers.
Here are just some of the ways Upside will continue to operate in order to provide industry-leading service to our buyers and vendors during this crisis:
- Remote property appraisals: Our agents are able to remotely ascertain the price range of the property by utilising video conferencing, detailed knowledge of the area and metric combining technology
- Virtual meetings: Buyers and sellers have the option to meet with agents digitally through a video call
- Virtual open homes: Upside is also working with UberRE to offer the option to carry out virtual open home tours for interested buyers. Unlike other virtual walk through products in the market, offerings are more secure for the vendor and aids in allowing the agents to generate offers as buyers need to sign into the virtual open home in the way that they would have to for a physical one. This allows buyers to 'walk through the property’ without having to leave their house, maximising the number of buyers looking at a property whilst limiting in person inspections to only the serious buyers.
- Our agents already use industry leading technology: Upside agents are equipped with NurtureCloud, an end-to-end custom software program that was developed over the last 3 years alongside Upside agents out in the field. In Feburary, Ray White announced it would be investing in this technology for it's own agents.
- Remote agents: Since the start Upside never had brick-and-mortar offices (in fact, that’s how we keep our cost so low for our clients who are looking to sell their property), so our nation-wide agents have always worked from their own home office in your local area. The changing climate means whilst other businesses tackle the complexities of switching to working from home, Upside agents have always worked under these conditions, meaning their focus is on catering to the changing needs of buyers and sellers.
You can also find more information selling in the current climate here.
In the media
Upside is leading the industry charge on many fronts in this changing climate, as is evident in much of the media coverage we have received over the past weeks.
You can find our national features here.
Helpful Tips to get you through
We currently find ourselves in the midst of unprecedented events, with the outbreak of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) seeing many businesses turning to ‘working from home’ practices in an effort to try to slow the spread of the virus. To those who are just easing into such a concept, it can be easy to feel out of place as normal daily routines are disrupted, and lines become blurred between work and life when they both happen in the same place.
At Upside, the remote office model is something we have always operated under. We have no brick and mortar office so our local agents work from home when they’re not meeting with their clients.
We’ve asked our agents (who are experts at working from home!) for their top tips on how to turn your home into your office to help you through - no matter what industry you’re in.
- Maintain regular work hours
- Create routine to start your day
- Manage your diary
- Have scheduled breaks
- Quality tech
- When you need to do life admin, do it and move on
- Keep a dedicated space
- Set boundaries with your family
- Over-communicate with your team
- Stay social
- Stay healthy - physically and mentally
- Do enjoy the perks
- End your day with a routine
You can read these tips in more detail here.
Worried about selling at this time? Upside is your safest choice. With remote appraisers, virtual open for inspections & meetings, digital contracts and agents that have always worked from home, there is no agency in a better position to look after you when selling in the current climate. Book your free, no obligation (and digital if you'd prefer) appraisal with us today.