In great news for buyers and sellers, the Premier announced that private property inspections are permitted again in Metro Melbourne! There are a few limitations (as outlined below), but we are delighted we can help our clients start buying and selling again.
We have also been advised by the REIV that property appraisals are permitted again in Metro Melbourne, with just one agent and the vendor.
For private property inspections:
We have received guidance from the Real Estate Institute of Victoria on the following:
- Inspection by appointment only
- Private inspections are now allowed with one agent and one prospective purchaser.
- The prospective purchaser may be accompanied by one other person from an existing household or their partner, and the prospective purchaser's children (under 18 years old).
- A person can leave their home for a maximum of two hours to attend a pre-arranged private inspection of a property.
- Inspections are limited to 15 minutes and hand sanitiser will be provided.
- You cannot travel between Melbourne and Regional Victoria for property inspections
For property marketing and related activities
- Property marketing, sales and rental activities that cannot be done remotely are permitted, limited to one agent and one service provider(e.g. document exchange, cash handling, condition reports, photoshoots in consultation with residents).
- Auctions remain online only.
What does this mean for me?
If you are thinking of selling we advise you to get in touch with your local Upside agent and get your property ready to go to market as quickly as possible while stock levels are still low. Industry experts anticipate an influx of listings over the next few months, as restrictions ease, but being ready with photography and marketing now will ensure you remain ahead of the competition.
Get in touch with your local Upside agent today.