A real estate agent should be someone you can rely on to help you make the most out of your sale. They should know the market, properties, prices, and be able to guide you every step of the way. There are many different things to find out to help you decide what’s best for you and your property. So, what are some clever questions to ask real estate agents before embarking on the journey of selling a house? We’ve created a helpful list:
1. How long have you been in real estate?
The best person for the job will be someone who has experience in the business and knows the market.
2. Who are the other members of your team?
Agents who work as part of a bigger team may assign someone else to you. You need to know who you will be dealing with from the start and what each of their roles are.
3 . Do you have reviews from previous customers?
A successful agent will have reviews or references from previous customers.
4. What properties have you sold in the past year?
These should preferably be similar to yours in price, style, and neighbourhood.
5. What price ranges were they in?
This will help you know what price your home is likely to go for, and more importantly, show that your agent has experience in your area.
6. What’s included in your fees?
House inspections, photography, advertising, and other services may not be included in their fees, so ensure that you know what these costs are and how much you should expect to pay for them.
7. Are there additional costs I should include in my budget?
If their fees don’t cover some or all the expenses mentioned above, you’ll probably have to make an extra investment.
8. What do you think my asking price should be?
Asking for an estimate based on their knowledge of the area and pricing is necessary. They should be able to show why they’ve made this estimate, based on comparable data.
9. Is there anything I can do to improve my home for sale?
Your real estate agent should know what buyers are looking for and give you some tips on how to improve your house in order to make it as attractive as possible.
10. Is now the right time to sell?
Depending on the market and your house, there could be an ideal season to sell.
11. What methods will you use to sell my house?
There are several methods to sell a home, including auctions and written bids. The agent should be able to tell you which one is best for your house.
12. How will you be advertising my property?
They should also know what methods work better for your home’s target market.
13. What’s the average time of your listings on the market?
It’s important to have realistic expectations of how long you might have to wait before your home sells.
14. How long do you think it’ll take to sell my house?
Based on their answer to the previous question, your agent will be able to give you a fair estimate.
15. How will you keep me up to date on the progress of the sale?
A good agent will be completely transparent and ensure that you are aware of every stage of your property sale campaign. They should have options for different methods of communication to suit you (face to face, calls, SMS, email) and some may be even have an online platform so you can log in any time to check on buyer interest.
Knowing the right questions can help you find the right real estate agent and sell your house at its greatest potential. Always remember that a good real estate agent is someone you can trust and who works in your best interest.
- Top 3 real estate myths: busted
- What's the diffeence between real estate commission and fixed fee
- Real estate agents fees: everything you need to know
Request a free, no-obligation appraisal from an Upside agent today.